9 Questions Church Visitors Aren't Asking (...but churches are still trying to answer)
- So how soon can I get involved with your committees?
- Can I get a longer bulletin—maybe something with more detail?
- Will you please single me out in front of all the people during worship this morning?
- Will you please send some "callers" by my house later and interrupt me while I fix dinner?
- Can you please seat us in those uncomfortable pews with our fidgety kids and aging parents?
- How quickly can I fill out a pledge card?
- Does this church have weekly meetings, rehearsals and other activities that will consume most of our family's free time?
- I need more paperwork! Can you give me a folder filled with glossy pamphlets, old newsletters and denominational statements of belief?
- During the worship service, can someone with a monotone voice speak (at length) about all the insider church happenings and people's private health matters? I find this so inspiring.
Get inspiration in your inbox every week with the MinistryMatters.com free newsletter--including worship helps, sermon starters, lectionary readings and more!