The Participant Book provides eight chapters plus two supplemental chapters that include:
· Personal stories/reflections from the author’s own journey through grief
· Spiritual and practical help for navigating the emotions, experiences, and questions of grief
· Scriptures and biblical material appropriate to the themes and topics of each chapter?
· Questions for personal reflection with space for recording responses
· Readers will transform their experience of grief into a life lived in gratitude for the steadfast love and faithfulness of God and a life that honors the memory of their loved one.
"Julie Yarbrough has walked through the valley of the shadow of death and experienced the pain and anguish of great grief, and she knows firsthand the comfort and strength that only God can provide. I commend this remarkable grief ministry program to you highly."
James W. Moore, Pastor in Residence, Highland Park United Methodist Church, Dallas, Texas
"With wisdom informed by her own experience and a warm regard for those who grieve, Julie Yarbrough guides the brokenhearted on an honest journey toward acceptance and hope. A refreshingly excellent resource for grief support." Stephan Bauman, Senior Minister, Christ Church New York City
"Julie Yarbrough weaves understanding, care, and comfort together in such a way that the seemingly intolerable becomes tolerable, one breath at a time. This resource provides everything you need to promote, establish, and conduct grief groups throughout the year." Judith Bone, Director of Adult Discipleship, Brentwood United Methodist Church, Nashville, Tennessee
A gift to those who face the difficult journey through the grieving process. I highly recommend this program, not only for those who have lost, but also for those in the helping professions who offer guidance and counsel to the grieving.
Ann Reese, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker