Neville successfully meets the challenge of addressing the lectionary texts together in the contexts where the sermons were preached, addressing issues with a consciousness of world religions, including social concerns and the influence of science.
Each chapter issues an invitation to join or invest more deeply in the Christian movement.
The volume as a whole focuses on faith seeking understanding.
The work is ideal for pastors and everyone who wants to reflect on Scripture in context.
The books has five major divisions:
* The Evangel focuses on the call to Christian life
* The Divine Mystery focuses on the encounter with God
* Jesus Christ focuses on Christology
* The Church and the World focuses on discipleship
* Christian Intelligence focuses on education for discipleship